Electric Daisy Carnival Sees Hourlong Lines, 100s Of Medical Calls, And Over 50 Felonies In First Two Days

first_imgElectric Daisy Carnival kicked off on Friday at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, with 136,000 attendees hitting up the electronic music festival and making it the largest weekend music festival in the United States. Though the festival is wrapping up today with sets from Gramatik, Excision, Diplo, Marshmello, and more rounding out EDC’s Sunday lineup, the event got off to somewhat of a rocky start. On the first day of the festival, 3 News Las Vegas reported that 443 medical calls were made, with 29 individuals booked on felony narcotics charges and 118 attendees ejected from the show. Cheerfully, the following day, the numbers of misfortunes dropped significantly, with 305 medical calls, 27 felony narcotics charges, and 77 ejections out of the 135,000 Saturday attendees — bringing the totals up to 748, 56, and 195, respectively. While these numbers do seem high, considering the large volume of people in attendance across the past two nights, statistically, the number of medical calls, arrests, and ejections are relatively small.Electric Daisy Carnival Will Not Return To New York In 2017These numbers also come in addition to issues with traffic and festival lines, which left many concertgoers stuck outside and frequently dehydrated for upwards of two or three hours on Friday night. Yesterday, festival organizer Pasquale Rotella addressed these complaints with a formal statement apologizing and noting that changes were being made to cut down on wait times. Luckily for us, Redbull.tv has been streaming select sets from the event and will continue to stream EDC tonight, so we can catch the final night of Electric Daisy Carnival without ever having to stray too far from the couch. You can head over here to check out the show, ideally without racking up a felony while doing so. [H/T Dancing Astronaut]last_img read more

Brazil police break up global drug ring in mega-raid

first_imgTopics : Federal police in Brazil said Tuesday they were cracking down on an international network of drug traffickers with a mega-operation targeting cocaine smuggling between South America and Europe.Police said they were arresting 50 people and seizing seven planes, five helicopters, 42 trucks and 35 properties linked to suspects accused of trafficking tons of cocaine to Europe and within Brazil.The raids were carried out across 13 Brazilian states following an investigation launched in 2018 together with Britain’s National Crime Agency, police said in a statement. The network continued trafficking drugs even during lockdown measures to contain the coronavirus pandemic. Police said they had seized 1.5 tons of cocaine from March 20 to July 20.center_img The authorities have also frozen 100 million reals ($18.3 million) in assets as part of the operation, it said.Police said the raids targeted four connected organizations that were responsible for smuggling cocaine into Brazil across the Paraguayan border; selling it within Brazil, in Europe and in Cape Verde; providing logistics and transportation; and laundering the proceeds.More than 600 police took part in the raids.Authorities had already arrested 12 people and seized more than 11 tons of cocaine in the course of the investigation, police said.last_img read more