As we inch closer to The Russ Liquid Test‘s New York City debut on February 18th, the NOLA trio has announced that LowTemp favorites Exmag will join the bill as special guests for the American Beauty NYC performance.Russ Liquid & Andrew Block Dig Deep Into The Debut Russ Liquid Test EP [Interview/Stream]With the recent release of the 80’s-infused electro/funk album 1984 back in October, The Russ Liquid Test continued their voyage of exploration into modern dance music, all the while retaining a touch of that laid back New Orleans vibe. Along with guitarist Andrew Block and drummer Deven Trusclair, Russell Scott (a.k.a. Russ Liquid, producer and accomplished brass player) delivers a groove-oriented sound that evokes classic funk/soul/R&B sounds with a futuristic spin that compliments the evolution of those styles in creative and tasteful ways.Exmag, the Brooklyn-based downtempo electronic and soul and funk trio made up of Eric Mendelson, Tyler Dondero, and Branx, has been wowing audiences nationwide since garnering critical acclaim within the electronic scene for their debut single “Creep Steady (Pt. 1)” in late 2013. Since then, the group has released their full-length debut (2014’s Proportions) and toured extensively behind it. Exmag recently opened for Break Science Live Band at Brooklyn Bowl.Purchase tickets here, or enter to win them below.
Reno to speak at Annual Meeting Reno to speak at Annual MeetingFormer U.S. Attorney General Janet Reno will be the featured speaker at two luncheons at the Bar’s Annual Meeting in Orlando. June 1, 2001 Regular News Janet Reno Reno will address the Criminal Law Section’s Selig I. Goldin Awards Luncheon and the Young Lawyers Division’s 50-year-Member Luncheon. Both events are set for 12:30 to 2 p.m. June 22 at the Orlando World Center Marriott. Reno was the first woman Attorney General of the United States of America. Nominated by President Bill Clinton in 1993, she served for eight years. In 1960, Janet Reno, a native of Miami, enrolled at Harvard Law School, one of only 16 women in a class of more than 500 students. She received her LL.B. from Harvard three years later.In 1971, Reno was named staff director of the Judiciary Committee of the Florida House of Representatives. She helped revise the Florida court system. In 1973, she accepted a position with the Dade County State Attorney’s Office. She left the state attorney’s office in 1976 to become a partner in a private law firm.In 1978, Reno was appointed state attorney general for Dade County.She was elected to the Office of State Attorney in November 1978 and was returned to office by the voters four more times.She helped reform the juvenile justice system and pursued delinquent fathers for child support payments and established the Miami Drug Court.A complete schedule and sign-up information for the 2001 Annual Meeting was included in the May Florida Bar Journal.
Students will read materials and work on projects that teach them ways to stay safe during the pandemic. “We’ll talk about how it’s important to stay healthy and one of the ways we’re doing that they have been doing already; wearing a mask not getting too close to people staying their distance and washing our hands properly,” said Maine Memorial Kindergarten teacher Alissa Vanluvender. The teachers said they put students at their own tables in the classroom and when students do have to share tables there are plexiglass dividers. At Maine Memorial Elementary, kindergarten teachers are inlcuding social distancing, masks, and safe hygiene practices as part of the curriculum. The school said with young children, it’s important to establish keeping their hands to themselves and all of the new rules that come with going to school. The school said it informed parents ahead of time of the changes to help prepare students for the new normal. TOWN OF MAINE (WBNG) — As kids head back to school, kindergarten teachers are making sure their students understand the new normal while in the classroom.
“We have reached this point and see no way to reverse the ways business is managed at the club ahead of important challanges in the future and especially post-pandemic. “We want to stress our disappointment over the unfortunate incident with social media accounts, known as ‘Barcagate’ in the press. “We ask that once the current audit is carried out by PWC we want to ensure the accountability will be handed to those it corresponds to. read also:Barcelona legends who influenced my career – Toure “Lastly, although it’s the least important thing, we want to thank the directors and express our gratitude to our colleagues on the board who have dedicated their energy and strength to the good of Barcelona Football Club. We would like to thank the executives and the employees of the club for your support and excellent work during this time. It has been our pleasure to serve out beloved Barca.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Vice-presidents Emili Rousaud and Enrique Tombas, directors Silvio Elias, Maria Teixidor, Josep Pont plus secretary of the board Jordi Clasamiglia wrote a letter stating their decisions to step down from their roles, as reported by La Vanguardia. The resignations at midnight came amid a turbulent period for the Catalan giants. The letter read: “We would like to communicate that the directors signed below have informed President Bartomeu of our decision to irrevocably resign our positions at the club.Advertisement Loading… Promoted ContentDid You Know There’s A Black Hole In The Milky Way?Which Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?6 Incredibly Strange Facts About Hurricanes7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better10 Risky Jobs Some Women DoThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?15 Celebs You Probably Didn’t Expect To Be CheerleadersThe Biggest Cities In The World So FarThe Top 9 Oddest Underwater Discoveries No One Can ExplainTop 10 Most Romantic Nations In The World7 Of The Wealthiest Universities In The World Six members of the Barcelona board have resigned.
The Welsh international has been linked with a move away from Los Blancos following Zinedine Zidane’s return to the club in 2019.However, after a move to Chinese Super League side Dalian Yifang fell through last summer, he still remains the subject of intense transfer speculation. Loading… The Magpies have become the latest side to be linked with a big money move for the 30-year old, with their club takeover by the Saudi Public Investment Fund expected to be completed next month.Read Also: Newcastle takeover stalls over Premier League checksBut despite their reported interest, the former Tottenham man has not changed his stance of wanting to remain in Madrid this season.Bale has been steadfast in his insistence he wants to stay at the club, with two years still to go on his contract in the Spanish capital.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale is not interested in a summer move to Premier League side Newcastle United, according to reports from the Daily Star.Advertisement Promoted Content5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its GrowthWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksWhat Are The Most Delicious Foods Out There?6 Incredibly Strange Facts About HurricanesYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of AnimeCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayThe Most Exciting Cities In The World To VisitThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreWhy Do So Many Digital Assistants Have Feminine Names & Voices?
JUSTIN Langer says up to four places in the Australia Test side are up for grabs but the encounter between teams run by Graeme Hick and Brad Haddin will not be a “shoot-out” for Ashes selection.Test captain Tim Paine will lead a Hick XII against a Haddin-coached line-up skippered by Travis Head in a four-day contest at the Rose Bowl, which starts on Tuesday.Australia commence their battle with England at Edgbaston on August 1 and head coach Langer is still some way from finalising selection for the series opener.“I think there are a couple of bowling positions up for grabs, probably a couple of batting positions,” Langer said.“There will be a lot of discussion about whether we have an extra spinner, a lot of discussion about whether we have an extra wicketkeeper.“It won’t necessarily be a straight shoot-out [in Southampton], but there will certainly be good opportunities for guys.”Langer is hopeful Usman Khawaja will recover from a hamstring injury to be fit to face Joe Root’s side in Birmingham, but the tourists will take no risks with the batsman.“It was a bit of a race against time for this game,” Langer said of Khawaja’s availability for the warm-up fixture.“He was really close … but with his style of hamstring you just want to make sure it’s right because you don’t want him to be pushing it too soon and have it affecting him the rest of the series.“We’ll wait and see what happens with this game, and then we’ll have to wait and see what happens with the first Test match. Fingers crossed he’ll be okay.”
One of the reasons the Angels believe Valbuena can do better is that his batting average on balls in play for the season was .210, well below his career average of .268 leading up to the season. That would suggest an element of bad luck.Valbuena also suggested that the six weeks he was out with a strained hamstring affected him for the first month or two when he came back.“It’s a long time not to see pitching,” he said.Getting a healthy Valbuena, with his timing, will be important for the Angels because he projects to be their first baseman in the 50 or 60 games in which Albert Pujols is the designated hitter. With a three-man bench that no longer includes right-handed hitting C.J. Cron, who was traded, the Angels also may look to Valbuena to start against lefties more often than he did last year.“I am ready for everything,” Valbuena said. “Wherever he wants me to play. Wherever he wants me in the lineup, I’m ready.” PreviousThe Angels’ Luis Valbuena hits during the Angels’ spring training workout at Tempe Diablo Stadium in Tempe on Thursday, Feb. 22, 2018. (Photo by Kevin Sullivan/Orange County Register/SCNG)Infielder Luis Valbuena waits to hit during the Angels’ spring training workout at the Tempe Diablo Stadium complex in Tempe on Thursday, Feb. 15, 2018. (Photo by Kevin Sullivan/Orange County Register/SCNG)Infielder Luis Valbuena throws during the Angels’ spring training workout at the Tempe Diablo Stadium complex in Tempe on Thursday, Feb. 15, 2018. (Photo by Kevin Sullivan/Orange County Register/SCNG) SoundThe gallery will resume insecondsInfielder Luis Valbuena waits to hit during the Angels’ spring training workout at the Tempe Diablo Stadium complex in Tempe on Thursday, Feb. 15, 2018. (Photo by Kevin Sullivan/Orange County Register/SCNG)Infielder Luis Valbuena fields a grounder during the Angels’ spring training workout at the Tempe Diablo Stadium complex in Tempe on Thursday, Feb. 15, 2018. (Photo by Kevin Sullivan/Orange County Register/SCNG)The Angels’ Luis Valbuena hits during the Angels’ spring training workout at Tempe Diablo Stadium in Tempe on Thursday, Feb. 22, 2018. (Photo by Kevin Sullivan/Orange County Register/SCNG)The Angels’ Luis Valbuena hits during the Angels’ spring training workout at Tempe Diablo Stadium in Tempe on Thursday, Feb. 22, 2018. (Photo by Kevin Sullivan/Orange County Register/SCNG)The Angels’ Luis Valbuena hits during the Angels’ spring training workout at Tempe Diablo Stadium in Tempe on Thursday, Feb. 22, 2018. (Photo by Kevin Sullivan/Orange County Register/SCNG)Infielder Luis Valbuena waits to hit during the Angels’ spring training workout at the Tempe Diablo Stadium complex in Tempe on Thursday, Feb. 15, 2018. (Photo by Kevin Sullivan/Orange County Register/SCNG)NextShow Caption1 of 7Infielder Luis Valbuena waits to hit during the Angels’ spring training workout at the Tempe Diablo Stadium complex in Tempe on Thursday, Feb. 15, 2018. (Photo by Kevin Sullivan/Orange County Register/SCNG)ExpandMESA, Ariz. — The Angels are hoping to get a full year of the Luis Valbuena they saw in the second half last year.“You saw the ability to drive the ball,” Manager Mike Scioscia said Friday. “You saw his on-base splits, as far as being able to get on base when he doesn’t expand the zone. He swung the bat well in the second half for us. That’s what we need.”Valbuena finished the season with a .199 average. The story beyond that, however, was the way he performed after the All-Star break.In the second half, Valbuena hit .213 with a .320 on-base percentage and a .546 slugging percentage, for an .866 OPS that was more than respectable. He hit 16 homers in his final 61 games. Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error Also— The Milwaukee Brewers were eager to be the first team to get a look at Shohei Ohtani. On Friday, the day before Ohtani’s spring debut against the Brewers, manager Craig Counsell told reporters: “We’re going into a fun atmosphere. I think the players will tell you the same thing. Any time we can go into a fun atmosphere, we’re excited for it.” …— The Angels “were an option” Major League Baseball considered for the season-opening series in Japan in 2019, according to Tim Mead, the team’s vice president in charge of communications. Mead said the decision to instead have the Oakland A’s play the Seattle Mariners occurred at the MLB level, without the Angels pulling out of the game. The A’s-Mariners series was reported by the San Francisco Chronicle. …— Outfielder Jabari Blash, who was acquired by the Angels on Wednesday after the New York Yankees designated him for assignment, worked out with the team Friday. Blash said he was happy to be with the Angels, but he also enjoyed a couple days around Giancarlo Stanton and Aaron Judge with the Yankees. “It might be a circus because everyone is huge and they have some phenomenal athletes there,” he said. “It was great to be a part of New York for that brief time. For me, that page is over now. It’s great to be here.” …— Hisanori Takahashi, who pitched for the Angels in 2011, was in camp Friday morning as a member of the media. He is now working for NHK, a TV network in Japan. …— Former Angels lefty Jim Abbott has also been in camp as a guest instructor this week.
WHITTIER – Isabelle E. Gonthier, two-time president of the Rio Hondo College Board and a major force in establishing the first campus child-care center for student-mothers, died Monday at Kaiser Hospital in Fontana after a brief illness. She was 79. Gonthier served 12 years on the college board, from 1981 to 1993. Gonthier was born July 4, 1927 in Ontario, but raised as a beach girl in Venice where she attended Venice High School. On weekends, she and her friends spent a lot of time diving for coins thrown into the water off of the Venice pier. She quit high school in her senior year to marry Jim Brown, a sailor. The young couple became parents of four sons, Richard, Fred, John and Chuck. In the mid-1950s, the family moved to Seattle, where her husband worked on projects for the 1962 World’s Fair. When the fair opened, the family returned to Whittier, where Brown opened a welding business that became quite successful. Isabelle concentrated on raising her sons. She was active in the PTA at Loma Vista, Carmela and Sierra High School and supported her children’s sports and student theater activities. When son Fred graduated and joined the Air Force, like his older brother Richard, Isabelle went back to work at the local Teen Post program serving South Whittier and Santa Fe Springs. At that time, she also obtained her GED and enrolled at Rio Hondo College. After receiving her associate’s degree, she became a counselor for the state’s Department of Rehabilitation in Whittier. She quickly became a strong advocate for disabled people. She worked with the city of Santa Fe Springs to organize an award-winning state conference on helping people with disabilities. She was then promoted to assistant to the state director for the Department of Rehabilitation, serving in that capacity until the director retired. Shortly after that, her husband died. Gonthier returned to her state job in Whittier and also won election to the Rio Hondo College Board of Trustees. When her time on the board was up, Gonthier would recall that one of her proudest accomplishments on the board was the building of an on-campus child care center for young mothers attending college. Manuel Baca, current interim Rio Hondo president, was vice president of the college’s student services during Gonthier’s tenure. “We run a very nice day care facility here now, in large part due to Isabelle Gonthier’s persistence,” Baca said. At the urging of her friend, the late Gus Carras, Gonthier transferred to the state’s Department of Labor, where she served as deputy labor commissioner until she retired. In retirement she managed real estate investments, became a certified hospice care volunteer and enjoyed her 12 grandchildren, 28 great-grandchildren and one great-great-grandchild. She is survived by her brother, Bob Tucker of Maryland; four sons, Richard, a retired trucker in Texas, Fred, a retired teacher in Georgia, John, executive director of Family Services of Desert Living in Desert Hot Springs, and Chuck, self- employed in Desert Hot Springs; and her grandchildren. There will be a public viewing from 3 to 8:30 p.m. Sunday at Rose Hills Mortuary and Memorial Park, 3600 Workman Mill Road, Whittier. Her funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday in SkyRose Chapel at Rose Hills, followed immediately by a graveside service.160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!