Woman with cancer targeted in Derry burglary

first_img Facebook 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic By News Highland – June 8, 2014 Twitter Woman with cancer targeted in Derry burglary Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal Facebook WhatsApp Pinterest Detectives in Derry are appealing for information following the report of a number of burglaries in the early hours of this morning.Three houses in the Iniscarn Road, Cromore Gardens and Templemore Park areas were entered between 4.50am and 6.20am on Saturday morning.A handbag and keys were taken from Iniscarn Road, a purse was taken from Cromore Gardens and at this stage nothing is thought to have been taken from the house at Templemore Park.Foyle MLA Pat Ramsey said that in one incident, burglars broke into the home of a woman receiving treatment for cancer….Audio Playerhttp://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/pram1pm.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume. RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR WhatsAppcenter_img Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North Previous articleMan to appear in court in Derry on dissident chargesNext articleConfrontation between anglers and IFI on Gweebarra River News Highland News Pinterest Twitter Google+ Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry Google+ Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan firelast_img read more

Portuguese trial adjourned after witness changes evidence

first_img Facebook Twitter Previous articleFather and son’s drugs convictions overturnedNext articleBuncrana concillors disagree on Causeway Road traffic light motion News Highland Facebook 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North Google+ By News Highland – May 21, 2010 Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire News WhatsApp The trial of two men accused of murdering Inishowen based businessman Paul Houston in Portugal last September has been dramatically adjourned, after a witness admitted lying in his original testiomony.Mr Houston, owner of Houston’s Shoes on Strand Road in Derry was on holiday in Alvor, Portugal, when he was found beaten to death.Two men denied murder, claiming self defence, but now a key witness has said one of the defendants admitted killing Mr Houston.27 year old Jones Dos Santos and 20 year old Diago Dias both admit they were involved in a fight with Paul Houston in Portimao on September 6th last year.However, in their evidence, they claimed they acted in self-defence during a fight, and Mr Houston was sitting up when they left him.However, a friend of the men now admits that he lied in his evidence previously, and claims that Dos Santos said “Let’s leave because I just killed someone.”Ebert Sergio said Mr Dos Santos was sober and knew exactly what he was doing.The witness said he was now telling the truth because he felt guilty.It had been thought the two would be sentenced yesterday, but that’s now been adjourned until the seventh of next month. Google+center_img Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal WhatsApp Portuguese trial adjourned after witness changes evidence Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry Pinterest 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic Pinterest Twitter Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHORlast_img read more

New guide to help clubs attract more young players

first_img27 Feb 2019 New guide to help clubs attract more young players Tags: Club Support, growing the game, Junior Golf A new guide to help golf clubs gain greater understanding of young people and to attract them into the sport has been produced by England Golf.The potential is huge: England Golf research shows that in 2017, 67% of all young people took part in some form of golf activity. That’s about 5.35 million youngsters in England.But at the same time, they’re turning their backs on golf clubs and traditional junior memberships are dropping.Understanding Your Junior Market has been created to help reverse the trend. It forms part of a raft of measures identified in the wider national Children and Young People Plan “Growing the Game for the Future” which is supported by the Golf Foundation and the Professional Golfers’ Association.The guide highlights ways to find out what young people want from golf and golf clubs – and what could put them off. It uses the specially created profiles of seven different types of youngster to show how they and their parents view golf.A supporting video and online training are available to show clubs how to use the profiles to understand their current juniors and their families, create activities to attract new players, develop retention plans to keep their interest and market these successfully.Lee Dolby, England Golf’s Young People Manager, commented: “Attracting young people in to golf is essential for the future of golf clubs and, to do that successfully, they need a better understanding of what young people want from their golfing experience.“One size definitely does not fit all. Young people change faster than at any other time in life and what appeals to a six-year-old may not be right for a 16-year-old. But, many clubs still just offer one version of junior golf.“We need to think about the individuals, their motivations and the barriers they encounter. Traditional membership is dropping among young people; that doesn’t mean they don’t want to belong and feel part of a club, it does mean they don’t like what clubs are offering.“We want to work with clubs to create new and exciting ways to engage young people and inspire a love of golf which will last a lifetime.”Emily Furniss, from Gaudet Luce Golf Club in Worcestershire is a Young Ambassador for England Golf and the Golf Foundation, and has written a message to clubs in the guide.She comments: “Not everyone wants to be the next Rory McIlroy, some young people just want to belong, to make friends or play for fun. So listening to the opinions and needs of the next generation of golfers will broaden the appeal of the game.“This booklet is a great starting place for clubs to understand their young customers and we hope you’ll use it to take positive steps to get more young people into golf.”The new guide complements England Golf’s wider package of support for clubs, Understanding Your Market. This helps clubs retain members and identify potential new members by focussing on what their customers want.Click here to view Understanding Your Junior Market. For more advice contact your local Club Support Officer.Image copyright Leaderboard Photographylast_img read more

COUNTDOWN TO CROKER: DDTV – DONEGALTV’S SPECIAL AS JIM McGUINNESS PLANS TO OVERTHROW THE KINGDOM!

first_imgDONEGALTV’s terrific half-hour documentary has this evening shed new light on Jim McGuinness’ quest to lead Donegal to another All-Ireland Final. The Glenties man and his players gave a unique insight into why they believe they have what it takes to beat Kerry at Croke Park this Sunday. The programme was originally broadcast on SKY earlier this evening but DONEGALTV have given us permission to show the documentary online.Simply click on the video to play.COUNTDOWN TO CROKER: DDTV – DONEGALTV’S SPECIAL AS JIM McGUINNESS PLANS TO OVERTHROW THE KINGDOM! was last modified: September 15th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:ALL-IRELAND FINALdonegalDonegalTVJim McGuinnessKerrylast_img read more

Wednesday’s round-up: Sessegnon commits to Fulham

first_imgRyan Sessegnon has committed his future to Fulham by signing a three-year contract.The Roehampton-born 17-year-old’s new deal – his first professional contract – comes after months of speculation that he could leave Craven Cottage this summer.He was linked with several Premier League clubs, including Chelsea, but opted to stay with the Whites.“I’m excited to see what’s in front of me at this club. Hopefully we can all push on now,” he told Fulham’s website.Sessegnon, who can play at left-back or further forward, has been at Fulham since 2008, as has his twin brother Steven.He made his senior debut in August last year and has made a total of 30 first-team appearances, scoring seven goals.Fulham’s vice-chairman and director of football operations Tony Khan said: “Ryan’s debut season with the first team was spectacular and we are so proud of this very special young man.” Parker announces retirementScott Parker has decided to end his playing career.The 36-year-old, whose Fulham contract expires at the end of this week, announced his retirement on Wednesday afternoon.Parker, who spent four years at Craven Cottage, captained England during a 19-year career that included an 18-month spell at Chelsea.He also played for Tottenham, Newcastle, West Ham and Charlton.A statement issued by Parker explained: “The decision to retire has not been an easy one for me but having thought long and hard over it, and having discussed it with those closest to me, I believe that now is the right time to move on to the next chapter in my life and career.” Gladwin leaves QPRBen Gladwin has completed his move from QPR to Blackburn for an undisclosed fee.West London Sport recently revealed that Blackburn wanted to sign the midfielder and subsequently also revealed that the move was set to go through.Gladwin, 25, has signed a two-year contract at Ewood Park. Doughty likely to go as wellEmbed from Getty ImagesQPR are ready to let Michael Doughty leave for Peterborough.West London Sport revealed in May that Posh are hoping to sign the midfielder, who has a year remaining on his contract at Loftus Road.Following talks between the two clubs, Rangers have told the League One outfit they can sign Doughty if they are able to agree personal terms with him.Rangers boss Ian Holloway recalled Doughty from a season-long loan at Swindon Town in January, insisting he rated the 24-year-old highly and wanted to give him a chance in the first team.However, Doughty started just two matches under Holloway – and has made just 12 first-team appearances for Rangers in total, nine of them as a substitute. No enquiries about SmithiesQPR have so far received no enquiries about Alex Smithies despite speculation over the goalkeeper’s future.Smithies, who signed a new contract in February, was outstanding for the R’s last season.His former club Huddersfield’s recent promotion to the Premier League prompted reports that he could rejoin them this summer.He was previously linked with a number of other clubs, but there has so far been no sign of any interest in the 27-year-old. Mackrell to face Hillsborough chargeEmbed from Getty ImagesA former QPR employee is among six people who will be prosecuted over the Hillsborough disaster.Graham Mackrell will be accused of breaching Health and Safety and Safety at Sports Ground legislation in relation to the tragedy at Sheffield Wednesday’s ground in May 1989.Mackrell was Wednesday’s club secretary and safety officer at the time.He was given the role of chief operating officer at QPR by the then club chairman Gianni Paladini in August 2006, but left just three months later.Last year, new inquests into the disaster at the Liverpool v Nottingham Forest FA Cup semi-final concluded the 96 fans who died had been unlawfully killed. Kerschbaumer loan moveEmbed from Getty ImagesBrentford midfielder Konstantin Kerschbaumer has joined German second-tier side DSC Arminia Bielefelda on a season-long loan.Kerschbaumer, who turns 25 this week, moved to Griffin Park from FC Admira Wacker Mödling for an undisclosed fee two years ago.The Bees have inserted a clause in his contract, which expires in 2019, giving the club the option of extending it to 2020.A similar deal led to Brentford recently extending Jota’s contract by a year. Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebooklast_img read more

Flexibility the name of the game for Geringhoff Truflex Razor

first_imgShare Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest On display at this year’s Farm Science Review, the Geringhoff Truflex Razor combine header brings the unique care of draper technology with the immense flexibility needed in today’s modern farming. In addition to a foot of flex travel on each wing, the reel has three sections, giving higher visibility from the operator’s perspective when compared with most reels — split down the middle — obstructing the view of the driver. Those are some of the offerings that Geringhoff’s Scott Brown says sets the Truflex Razor apart from other’s on the market, detailed in this video ahead of next week’s Farm Science Review where equipment of all kinds is on display.last_img read more

NBA: Jason Kidd brushes off comparisons to Lonzo Ball: ‘It’s a stretch’

first_imgRead Next LATEST STORIES John Lloyd Cruz a dashing guest at Vhong Navarro’s wedding QC cops nab robbery gang leader, cohort Although the pair posted eerily similar statistics in their first 12 games as a pro, Kidd downplayed any comparison between him and the young upstart from UCLA.“It’s still early in his career, and it’s a stretch,” the floor general turned bench boss said in an appearance on ESPN’s “First Take.”FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSSEA Games: Philippines picks up 1st win in men’s water poloSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutout“He has to understand what it means to play hard and what it means to win, and how to win at the highest level. It takes time, and hopefully in three years maybe there is a better comparison, but right now it is a stretch and he has a ways to go.”Much like Ball, Kidd was also drafted second overall in 1994 and was an inconsistent scorer in his early years. Filipino athletes get grand send-off ahead of SEA Games PLAY LIST 01:27Filipino athletes get grand send-off ahead of SEA Games00:50Trending Articles01:38‘Bato’ to be ‘most effective’ CHR head? It’s for public to decide – Gascon01:37Protesters burn down Iran consulate in Najaf01:47Panelo casts doubts on Robredo’s drug war ‘discoveries’01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games If Ball truly shares the same mold as Kidd, he’ll certainly have his work cut out for him, as his predecessor went on to make 10 All-Star appearances, nine All-Defensive teams, and six All-NBA rosters, culminated by a championship with the Dallas Mavericks in 2011.  Khristian Ibarrola /raRELATED STORIES:Lonzo Ball says ongoing shooting issues ‘just in my head’Coach Luke Walton: It ‘would be silly’ to tinker with Lonzo Ball’s shooting styleADVERTISEMENT View comments Batang Pinoy gets going Milwaukee Bucks head coach Jason Kidd checks the scoreboard during the second half in Game 1 of the NBA basketball playoffs against the Chicago Bulls, Saturday, April 18, 2015, in Chicago.  APIn his first 12 games in the NBA, highly touted Los Angeles Lakers rookie Lonzo Ball is viewed as a tall, pass-first point guard who struggles to put the ball in the hoop.The same could be said for first ballot Hall of Famer and now Milwaukee Bucks head coach Jason Kidd, when he first entered the league in 1994.ADVERTISEMENTcenter_img Stronger peso trims PH debt value to P7.9 trillion MOST READ Japan ex-PM Nakasone who boosted ties with US dies at 101 Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC Typhoon Kammuri accelerates, gains strength en route to PH Kammuri turning to super typhoon less likely but possible — Pagasa Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. CPP denies ‘Ka Diego’ arrest caused ‘mass panic’ among S. Tagalog NPAlast_img read more

China’s Guo Ailun becomes 1st international athlete to have signature Jordan shoe

first_imgChina’s Guo Ailun. INQUIRER.net File PhotoFilipinos are certainly all too familiar with China’s dynamic point guard Guo Ailun, who most recently signed with the Jordan Brand.The 23-year-old standout, who plays for the Liaoning Flying Leopards of the Chinese Basketball Association (CBA) and a fixture for the country during international competitions, will even receive his own signature Jordan shoe, according to ESPN’s Nick DePaula.ADVERTISEMENT Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles01:2760-40 sharing ‘fair’ as China will spend for WPS exploration—Esperon02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games LATEST STORIES MOST READ Trump signs bills in support of Hong Kong protesters Asked if he’ll soon follow the footsteps of another Chinese star, Zhou Qi, who recently signed with the NBA’s Houston Rockets, the new Jordan Brand athlete offered a humble response.“CBA is a really competitive league, and I think I can keep improving there. Once I feel ready and at that level, I want to go to the NBA,” he said. Khris Ibarrola /raSports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Lacson: SEA Games fund put in foundation like ‘Napoles case’ “The fans here in China are all proud of me,” Guo, who will earn roughly $3 million annually for his endorsement, told the sports journalist. “My teammates always tease me though, and ask for free Jordans.”China, of course, has become a hotbed for basketball in recent years and having one of its local rising stars don the brand could establish a major influence over the insatiable market.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSBoxers Pacquiao, Petecio torchbearers for SEA Games openingAfter making an impact in the country’s local scene, Guo made himself known to fans across the globe, starring alongside NBA veteran Yi Jianlian en route to leading China to the gold medal in the 2015 FIBA Asia Championship.Standing 6’4, Guo could easily transition to both guard spots and plays with a bold flair not often seen among Chinese players. NATO’s aging eye in the sky to get a last overhaul Ethel Booba on hotel’s clarification that ‘kikiam’ is ‘chicken sausage’: ‘Kung di pa pansinin, baka isipin nila ok lang’ Celebrity chef Gary Rhodes dies at 59 with wife by his side PH gold medal bet Obiena injures ACL, out of SEA Games Robredo should’ve resigned as drug czar after lack of trust issue – Panelo View comments Hotel says PH coach apologized for ‘kikiam for breakfast’ claim Pagasa: Storm intensifies as it nears PARlast_img read more