Pep Guardiola issues Huddersfield warning

first_imgManchester City will play on Sunday against this “tough” rival says coach Guardiola, in what will be the Citizens first home game of the seasonManchester City opened the 2018-2019 Premier League season with a win over Arsenal last week.And now, they will host Huddersfield at Etihad Stadium on Sunday.But the Citizens’ boss Pep Guardiola doesn’t want any surprises and has warned their team about their “tough” opponent.“Last season was tough, those games,” City manager Guardiola said as reported by The National.Harry Maguire, Manchester UnitedSolskjaer praises Harry Maguire after Man United’s 1-0 win Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Ole Gunnar Solskjaer singled out Harry Maguire for praise after helping Manchester United keep a clean sheet in their 1-0 win over Leicester City.“They defended so well.”“They are so tough – physicality, defensively strong, good set-pieces, good throw-ins, good counter-attack, good high pressing,” he explained.“It was complicated last season and I imagine quite similar games.”“In this part of the season, all the teams, especially those with a lot of players at the World Cup, you need time – one month or a month and a half”, he added.“In this period, these kind of games are so dangerous for the players. Games like this – and Wolves, Cardiff, Fulham – I prefer these teams in October/November.”last_img read more

Manchester City unexpectedly falls to Lyon

first_imgManchester City, one of the Champions League favourites, has fallen short of expectation in their first outing this season.The concern that they may not be on the same Champions League form as in the previous season has been mounted by their defeat to Lyon, claims Mirror.The result which City got out of their opening game in the Champions League was obviously not what Pep Guardiola had expected from them. The shock of the defeat was obvious across the lines of his face as he watched the game from where he was sitting away, still serving his ban from last season.Premier LeaguePremier League Betting: Match-day 5 Stuart Heath – September 14, 2019 Going into the Premier League’s match-day five with a gap already beginning to form at the top of the league. We will take a…It was the fourth straight time that Lyon is beating City in the Champions League and it was a total fall for City. Even the energy in their performance was not such that could instil fear on any opponent.Although City’s form cannot yet be called questionable, with four wins and a draw in the Premier League coming before a loss in the Champions League. However, it is possible that Guardiola would see this as a huge slack.last_img read more

Reddit is down for some users

first_img 1 Reddit I guess you don’t see this every day 🙁 Good luck recovering guys, my thoughts are with your 💪 #Redditdown pic.twitter.com/xenXPhCJgK— Elier Delgado (@elier) May 28, 2019 Downdetector, which monitors website outages, has seen a large spike in reports as of 6:00 p.m. PT. At this stage, the error is limited to desktop users and does not appear to affect Reddit’s app or mobile site. At time of writing, we are still seeing the “service unavailable” message when accessing on desktop. Some users are reporting access via Microsoft Edge but not Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.As of 8 p.m PT, services appear to have been restored.Reddit did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Share your voice Oh no. Reddit Reddit has been experiencing intermittent outages since Monday, May 27. The social media behemoth notified users it was investigating an issue at 6:01 p.m. PT on Monday night following reports of “elevated error rates”. Roughly 20 minutes later, the Reddit status site confirmed it had implemented a fix and was “monitoring the results.” center_img Comment Tags Online Investigating: We are currently investigating this issue. https://t.co/H6WVPrXrmx— reddit status (@redditstatus) May 28, 2019last_img read more

Salvadorans Fear Their Country Not Prepared For Returnees

first_img Share Being deported to an El Salvador he hadn’t seen in more than three decades was a trauma Hugo Castro recalls clearly.The 51-year-old said Monday that his country must begin preparing now to receive the nearly 200,000 Salvadorans who may have to return following the Trump administration’s decision to lift their temporary protected status next year.“The main problem for deportees is that they’re made invisible. They’re rejected, there’s no work. They don’t help us,” said Castro, who was deported from the U.S. in 2015.The U.S. announcement brought fears that a major source of income for this poor Central American nation will be cut off and that families could be separated. But there was also a hint of optimism that Salvadorans with many years of experience in the U.S. could bring expertise and investment to spur the economy.Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen said Salvadorans who have stayed in the U.S. with temporary protected status — only a fraction of the estimated 2 million Salvadorans living there — would have to leave by Sept. 9, 2019, unless Congress came up with a solution allowing them to stay.Twitter via @MaryknollFrsBrsThe temporary protected status program has been offered to citizens from a number of countries fleeing natural disasters or other instability. The affected Salvadorans received the status after earthquakes in 2001 killed more than 1,000 people. Thousands more who arrived in the United States in recent years fleeing gang violence were not eligible.Castro went to the United States as a teenager to study at a college in Atlanta. During his junior year his family back home lost nearly everything when the bank seized their coffee operation. Dropping out, he worked at a country club and a book store and became manager of a Mexican restaurant. Then a run-in with police led to more than two years in immigration detention as he unsuccessfully fought deportation after living in the U.S. for three decades.His first three months back in El Salvador were the worst, he said. He suffered from depression and didn’t want to leave his mother’s home. People told him a 49-year-old man should not depend on his mother to support him, so he started looking for work.“I went everywhere, to restaurants. I told them I had a lot of experience and that I spoke English, but they rejected me,” he said.Eight months after arriving, Castro finally found work at the Salvadoran Immigrant Institute. The non-profit group recognized the value of Castro’s bilingualism and the experience he had gained through the deportation process and it put him to work helping other deportees reintegrate into society.Castro said programs like his are very limited and more needs to be done for returnees.“The government has to get ready, partner with businesses, with all of society, the nonprofits and create assistance programs,” he said.As an example, he noted that in 2016, the country received 52,000 deportees from the United States and Mexico. Meanwhile, a government program to give small cash grants to allow deportees to open their own businesses has only graduated 140 people, he said.The biggest worry among many Salvadorans is that their nation of 6.2 million people will see a big drop in the amount of cash sent home by countrymen working in the United States. Salvadorans transferred more than $4.5 billion from the U.S. in 2016, accounting for 17 percent of El Salvador’s economy, according to government figures.Luis Membreno, an economic analyst in El Salvador, said that fear may be overblown. He said Salvadorans who have protected status in the U.S. tend to be more long-standing migrants who have their families there and send less money home. Many more Salvadorans are not in the program, with growing numbers entering the U.S. illegally over the past decade fleeing violence and poverty.“I don’t think that family remittances are going to fall in the short term,” Membreno said.He also thinks some Salvadoran families in the U.S. could start sending more money back — something that started when Donald Trump was elected president — so remittance figures could rise.In addition, he said, many of those eventually returning could be skilled and have money to invest. “All of this could generate a certain dynamism in the economy,” he said.Cesar Rios, director of the nonprofit group where Castro works, is less optimistic. “Our country is not prepared to receive thousands of Salvadorans,” he said.Deportees are often targeted by gangs, because they believe they have money. Police also target them, because of the stigma that they are criminals.“There’s no work,” Rios said. “Between 200 and 300 Salvadorans continue leaving every day for the United States.”Ernesto Godoy, standing outside a Western Union money transfer office in San Salvador, said he receives money from relatives with protected status in the United States. He worried the decision could lead to bigger problems in El Salvador.“It’s going to affect us, not only me, but on a national level, because here in El Salvador we make ends meet with remittances from the United States,” Godoy said.last_img read more

Metro Begins SafeTrack Closures Single Track Schedule

first_imgDespite a hotly contested debate between District Mayor Muriel Bowser and Metro executives, the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) begins its SafeTrack repair and replacement program this weekend.Metro released its revised scheduled for almost a year of maintenance work that will require trains to share a track or take entire stretches of track out of service for weeks at a time. Click on the image to see a larger version. (Metro)The accelerated track work plan addresses safety recommendations and rehabilitations needed to ensure passenger safety and system wide efficiency.In accordance with the plan, as announced by WMATA General Manager Paul Wiedefeld in May, Metrorail would shutter at midnight on weekends and expand its weekday maintenance schedule by single-tracking certain lines and shutting down line segments for several weeks at a time.Bowser petitioned the transit agency in a five-page letter just days ago asking that alternatives be made to the plan which, she said, would adversely impact “the late night riders and nighttime workers who support and sustain the District’s economy.”  Metro Board Chairman Jack Evans dismissed the concern in an e-mailed statement.“As I can only say to the bars, restaurants, hotels: [Metrorail] will close at midnight. There is no option to not close at midnight. And we will work with everybody to try and figure out how we can provide, if possible, some alternative transportation methods,” Evans said.  “I think every jurisdiction, including the District, is raising issues with events, etc. that they have, that they would prefer not to have them disrupted, but as [Wiedefeld] said, ‘If I start accommodating one, we’re going to be back to where we started. And we’re never gonna get this done.’ So, this is my plan, as he said, and we’re sticking with it.”SafeTrack accelerates three years’ worth of work into approximately one year, using a “Safety Surge” method that shuts down entire segments of each line for extensive repair.  Due to reduced capacity and longer expected travel times, Metrorail riders are encouraged to consider using alternate travel options while safety surge work is scheduled on their line. Trains and platforms are expected to be extremely crowded during peak periods and customers may experience extended delays. During line segment shutdowns, limited shuttle bus service will replace trains between the shutdown zones.last_img read more

ICON Welcomes New EVP of Wholesale Lending

first_img October 9, 2012 427 Views R.J. Arnett will be taking the reins at “”ICON Residential Lending””:http://www.iconwholesale.com/ as EVP of wholesale lending, the California-based originator announced.[IMAGE][COLUMN_BREAK]Arnett most recently served as EVP of CS Financial, an independent residential and commercial retail mortgage banking firm. He also worked as a managing director at MortgageIT, a subsidiary of Deutsche Bank, and in various positions at Countrywide Financial. In his newly-created position at ICON, Arnett oversees the national sales force with a nationwide network of mortgage brokers.””R.J. is a seasoned mortgage professional who has a tracked record of growing sales and motivating employees,”” said Andrew Pollock, ICON’s recently-appointed CEO. “”We’re pleased to welcome him to our management team.””ICON president Graham Fleming shared the sentiment.””I am delighted to have R.J. join the ICON family,”” Fleming said. “”We are certain that his experience and accomplishments will be a great asset to ICON going forward.”” New,ICON Welcomes New EVP of Wholesale Lending in Origination, Servicingcenter_img Agents & Brokers Attorneys & Title Companies Company News Investors Lenders & Servicers Movers & Shakers Service Providers 2012-10-09 Tory Barringer Sharelast_img read more

April 9 2004 Congratulations to March 7 work

first_imgApril 9, 2004 Congratulations to March 7. workshop participants for completing their 5 week program today. >>top from left: Luigi Ciaccia, Jack Appelt, Sean Smith, Mark Baris, Dino Orsato, Guido Parigi and workshop coordinator Kelli Huth. >>middle from left: Chieko Shimizu, Takeshi Notsuki, Tomoya Shiota and Haruhisa Nakada. >>bottom from left: Jacob Schwartz, Ryoko Yamanaka, Maki Minakuchi and Takako Ueyama. [Photo & Text: sa]last_img

in the photo the Suspension bridge model photo

first_imgin the photo: the “Suspension” bridge model[photo by Ivan Pintar]in the photo: the exhibition opening.[photo by Ivan Pintar]in the photo: the model of 3D Jersey in the atrium.[photo by Ivan Pintar]in the photo: The 3D Jersey model viewed from above.[photo by Annette Del Zoppo]There was a lot of press about this exhibition, some of the notable articles were:“Structure to House a City” by Paul Richard, WASHINGTON POST, February 17. 1970.‘Cities in Buildings’ Exhibits Lure, Rebel at the Corcoran” by M.M. Flatley, THE EVENING STAR, Washington D.C., February 21. 1970.“Fantasy Metropolis” by Wolf Von Eckardt, THE WASHINTON POST, February 21. 1970.“Will Tomorrow be lived in a Soleri City” by Diana McLellan, THE EVENING STAR, Washington D.C., February 26. 1970. Part of this article is about Paolo Soleri’s wife Colly “The Woman Behind Soleri”.“Architect of Tomorrow – A radical vision of the future in a spectacular exhibition at Washinton’s Corcoran Gallery”, ART GALLERY MAGAZINE, March 1970.“There’s no Place to go but up” by Paul Richard, THE SUNDAY STAR BULLETIN, March 1. 1970.“The Arcologist” by Douglas Davis, NEWSWEEK, March 2. 1970.“The Fantastic City” CHRONICLE SUNDAY PUNCH, March 8. 1970.“Architect Views a Crowded Spaceship” by John V. Conti, THE WALL STREET JOURNAL, March 11. 1970.“Prophet in the Desert” by Ada Louise Huxtable, THE NEW YORK TIMES, March 15. 1970: “The Architectural Vision of Paolo Soleri” is an important and beautiful show.”“Mr. Soleri and His Better Plumbing” by John Pastier, THE NATIONAL OBSERVER, March 23. 1070“Soleri and Guimard are subjects of two major exhibits – Arcology stirs up a storm” ARCHITECTURAL RECORD, April 1970.“Soleri’s Solution” FORUM, April 1970.“Soleri’s Cities on Display” PROGRESSIVE ARCHITECTURE, April 1970.“Architeture” by Frederick Gutheim, NATION, New York, April 13. 1970.“A Dream to cure the urban nightmare – Sea Cities and vertical land cities”, INDUSTRY WEEK, April 20. 1970.“Visions of the City” by Louise Huxtable, THE STARS AND STRIPES, April 21. 1970.“Paolo Soleri: The Fine Art of Living” by Allen Brown Gardner, FINE ARTS, April 27. 1970.“Paolo Soleri & His Arcologies” by Tom Miller, ROLLING STONE, April 30. 1970“The Arcology of Paolo Soleri” by Sibyl Moholy-Nagy, ARCHITECTURAL FORUM, May 1970“Soleri’s urban landscape” INDUSTRIAL DESIGN, May 1970This report continues on Friday, July 8. 2016. July 6, 2016We continue our report about the Paolo Soleri exhibition at the Corcoran Gallery in Washington, D.C. in 1970 with photos of the exhibition opening.The exhibition “The Architectural Vision of Paolo Soleri” opened on February 21. 1970. in the photo: at the opening in front of “Mesa City” plan, a montage of three scroll drawings, each 48 inches wide, making a display of 34 feet wide and 12 feet tall.[photo by Ivan Pintar]in the photo: at the opening – the model of the original “Arcosanti” design.There was an invitation mounted at the Arcosanti model, something along the lines of: “This summer we are starting to build Arcosanti in the Arizona desert, come join us”.And people came and they are still coming.  [photos by Ivan Pintar]last_img read more

Pay TV operators and others are now embracing the

first_imgPay TV operators and others are now embracing the world of OTT and multiscreen video, but the business models have in many cases still to be worked out. As more premium video services are made available over unmanaged networks to multiple devices, operators will face a growing threat of internet piracy. How aware are operators of the threat and what measures do they think are necessary to protect their business?In August 2013 DTVE carried out a survey of over 160 industry professionals on their perceptions of multiscreen video business models and the threat of internet piracy. We also looked at service providers’ concerns and the ways in which they might be addressed. Multiscreen Video and Piracy: The Big Picture provides key insights into industry perspectives on piracy, its impact on service providers and ways to tackle the threat posed by the illicit consumption of content.last_img read more