The National Green Tribunal has sought response from the Divisional Commissioner, Allahabad, after a committee headed by the officer failed to submit a report on the alleged illegal sand mining in the area.A Bench, headed by NGT Chairperson Justice Adarsh Kumar Goel, said, “The committee was to furnish a report which has not been furnished. Issue notice to the Divisional Commissioner, Allahabad, as to why penal action be not taken for non-compliance of orders of this Tribunal.”The officer has been directed to be present before the Tribunal on January 22.In September last year, the green panel had directed constitution of a committee to be headed by the officer and sought a report on the allegations of illegal mining. Petitioner Atul Singh Chauhan had challenged the ongoing sand mining in the Yamuna riverbed in Allahabad without the requisite environmental clearance.
A “Prachar Rath”, flagged off by Agriculture Minister Lal Chand Kataria on Wednesday, will promote organic and zero budget natural farming (ZBNF) among the farmers in Rajasthan to reduce agricultural input costs, encourage the use of bio-fertilisers, replace pesticides with traditional material and give tips for preparation of indigenous seeds.Flagging off the chariot at a public hearing event here, Mr. Kataria said the progressive farmers would be associated in large numbers with the drive which would continue till November 9. “Groups of farmers will visit the villages to generate awareness about the methods to increase agricultural production with innovative methods,” he said.Noted agriculturist Subhash Palekar, who has pushed for adoption of ZBNF, will train the farmers at a six-day-long camp beginning on September 24 at Sewar in Bharatpur district. This will be the first-ever training camp devoted to natural farming organised in the State.Mr. Kataria said the excessive use of chemicals was damaging the land’s fertility and adversely affecting people’s health. “The Prachar Rath’s dialogue with the farmers will apprise them of the benefits of using organic manure, vermicompost, crop residues and organic waste, while the weed, disease and pest control can be achieved through bio-materials and crop rotation.”The Union government’s Economic Survey of 2018-19 had advocated ZBNF as a “lucrative livelihood option” for small farmers. Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman had mentioned the method in her Budget speech as one of the innovative models through which the farmers’ income could be doubled by 2022.About 2,000 farmers have got themselves registered for the Sewar camp, where the research on forest vegetation as well as the techniques for natural growth of trees, based on Mr. Palekar’s “zero budget approach” to chemical-free farming involving manures and agro-ecology, will be highlighted.Sita Ram Gupta, executive director of Bharatpur-based Lupin Foundation, which is organising the camp, said that the exhibitions on beekeeping, manufacturing of ‘tulsi mala’ and fashion designing would be held during the event. Students of agricultural and veterinary colleges and researchers are also expected to participate in the camp.
Even while standing at the door of his 100th international century, Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar is insisting the huge milestone would not be on his mind when India take the field against England in the first Test at Lord’s, London, on July 21.Having cracked 51 centuries in 177 Tests and 48 in 453 One-Day Internationals, Tendulkar feels rather than the records, it’s the impression that he leaves behind is more important.Sachin Tendulkar wants to enjoy batting during India tour of England. AP”I’m not thinking of records. I’m just thinking of enjoying this tour. The secret to any performance is not in chasing records. I think about, ‘What is the best way to enjoy the game, and how can I enhance that enjoyment factor?” he was quoted as saying by London’s Daily Telegraph.”If I enhance the enjoyment then, naturally, the standard of play becomes higher. To me, that is more important. If I’m playing well, things can happen. I don’t need to go around chasing them. It’s a process. You construct a solid foundation and build on it.”Tendulkar said he is keen to contribute to the team’s cause. “For me, it’s not about breaking records or creating new ones. It’s about adding value to my team. Records will be set by me; they might be broken by someone else,” he averred.”They’re not going to stay permanently. But the impression that I leave on people will last forever, I feel. The impression that I leave behind – to me that is important. If I can motivate the next young cricketers, that will be a big contribution.”advertisementIn England for the last few weeks, preparing for the four-Test series, Tendulkar said he is accustomed to the pressure.”I’m used to it. It’s the kind of lifestyle that I lead in India. It began around the age of 16, at the time I would start going out and mixing with friends. But I don’t feel suffocated. I feel extremely comfortable back home in whatever I do. That’s how my life has been, so I believe it’s normal,” he said.”I have been rewarded, and God has been kind to me. I have no complaints. I am very grateful to all the people who have appreciated and supported me over the years, and who have accepted me in the manner that I am.”Tendulkar, 38, who recently changed his hairstyle, often visits England during the summer and he now owns a flat at St John’s Wood in London.”When I spend time in England, it’s different. I get to do certain things that I wouldn’t be able to do in India: to go into the park with my children, to do whatever they want to do, whether it be a game of soccer or cricket. I enjoy the best of both. The idea is to balance life in India with life away from India, to get the best of both and to be a happy man,” he said.The former India captain once again stressed that being part of the World Cup-winning team gave him immense happiness and that retirement was not on his mind as yet.”I was extremely delighted. It was something I had always dreamt about. You start playing cricket, and one day you walk away as part of a world champion team,” he said of the triumph in April in his home city Mumbai.If the last statement gave you ideas about his retirement, Tendulkar was quick to set the record straight. “I haven’t,” he said of a decision on retirement.”I’m enjoying every moment. It has been fun. In fact, I’m looking at how to enjoy the game more and how to improve the standard of play. It’s about getting better. Nobody knows what is going to happen tomorrow. At least today I know that I want to enjoy cricket, to enjoy the moment.”
Eden Hazard was repeatedly fouled, shoved and hacked down on his first start of the season in the Premier League. On one occasion, he was even kicked off the field by a particularly crude challenge.So the Chelsea forward responded in the best way possible to being targeted with rough treatment: By scoring a goal.Hazard converted a 77th-minute penalty to set Chelsea on its way to a 2-1 win at Newcastle in an embarrassingly one-sided game at St. James’ Park, and a third straight victory to open the season.The three points were only secured for Chelsea because of an 88th-minute own-goal by Newcastle defender DeAndre Yedlin, but few could begrudge Chelsea the win.And Hazard, in particular.”I feel very tired,” Hazard said, with a wry smile, after being asked about his treatment by Newcastle’s players. “But at the end, we won the game.”Full-time: Newcastle 1-2 Chelsea!Get in! #NEWCHE pic.twitter.com/jOStDkrGYQChelsea FC (@ChelseaFC) August 26, 2018Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri had suggested Hazard might only play an hour, with the Belgium international working his way back to full fitness after a late return following his exertions at the World Cup in Russia.As it turned out, Hazard played the full 90 minutes against Newcastle and was like a magnet for the ball and for tough tackles by Newcastle players. Mohamed Diame chopped him down twice in the first half, and one foul by Matt Ritchie bundled Hazard off the playing surface and toward the advertising hoardings.advertisementHazard had the last laugh, though, and is set to thrive in the attacking, possession-based approach that Chelsea is adopting under Sarri.Chelsea enjoyed 79 percent possession in the first half. At one stage in the second half, the percentage soared to 90 with Newcastle manager Rafa Benitez seemingly having told his players to retreat when Chelsea had possession.”I have never seen a Rafa Benitez side play with five defenders,” said Sarri, who replaced Benitez as coach of Italian side Napoli in 2015. “I think it is very difficult to play here for every team not only us.”Still, it needed a stroke of fortune for Chelsea to come away with a third win, after previous victories against Huddersfield and Arsenal. Yedlin, who set up Joselu for the equalizer in the 83rd minute, stretched his leg out to block a shot from Marcos Alonso in the 88th and contrived to divert the ball into his own net.Newcastle has one point from three games.MITROVIC DOUBLEAs Newcastle stumbles early in the season, one question seems especially pertinent: Why did it let go of Aleksandar Mitrovic?Our @premierleague campaign is off and running!! Well in boys!! #FULBUR #COYW pic.twitter.com/nJjTiGL8UNFulham Football Club (@FulhamFC) August 26, 2018The Serbia striker has been one of the most impressive strikers in the Premier League so far and moved onto three goals for the season with a double for Fulham in its 4-2 win over Burnley.He also struck the post with a fierce shot that rebounded to Andre Schuerrle, who tucked the ball home for the clinching fourth goal at Craven Cottage. Jean Michael Seri also scored for Fulham, with a rasping effort from outside the area.Mitrovic wasn’t trusted at Newcastle by Benitez, who was happy to see the striker leave for Fulham for a reported fee of $28.9 million.WATFORD’S STRONG STARTMany would have expected Liverpool and Chelsea to be on maximum points after three games. Few would have thought Watford would be there alongside them.FT | #watfordfc 2-1 @CPFCThree wins from three, Hornets fans! #WATCRYListen live https://t.co/BbMpwPjOzu pic.twitter.com/uLxaBMVY61Watford Football Club (@WatfordFC) August 26, 2018With Watford beating Crystal Palace 2-1, it is only the fourth time in its 137-year history that the team has won its first three games of a league season, and the first time in the Premier League.Roberto Pereyra, with his third goal of the season, and Jose Holebas scored to put Watford two goals ahead. Wilfried Zaha pulled one back late for Palace.