Manchester City will play on Sunday against this “tough” rival says coach Guardiola, in what will be the Citizens first home game of the seasonManchester City opened the 2018-2019 Premier League season with a win over Arsenal last week.And now, they will host Huddersfield at Etihad Stadium on Sunday.But the Citizens’ boss Pep Guardiola doesn’t want any surprises and has warned their team about their “tough” opponent.“Last season was tough, those games,” City manager Guardiola said as reported by The National.Solskjaer praises Harry Maguire after Man United’s 1-0 win Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Ole Gunnar Solskjaer singled out Harry Maguire for praise after helping Manchester United keep a clean sheet in their 1-0 win over Leicester City.“They defended so well.”“They are so tough – physicality, defensively strong, good set-pieces, good throw-ins, good counter-attack, good high pressing,” he explained.“It was complicated last season and I imagine quite similar games.”“In this part of the season, all the teams, especially those with a lot of players at the World Cup, you need time – one month or a month and a half”, he added.“In this period, these kind of games are so dangerous for the players. Games like this – and Wolves, Cardiff, Fulham – I prefer these teams in October/November.”
#magneticmedianews Related Items:#grandturkprisonbreak, #magneticmedianews Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, TCI, December 2, 2016 – Police say three men broke out of the Grand Turk prison but there is no word yet on how they managed to do it.One man is a Grand Turk native and was on remand for burglary. Nothing is known of his accomplices as yet.Officer Kevin Clarke quashed rumors that 21 inmates are running free. Police just released these names:Names of escaped Prisoners: Stavon Harris, Randal Rigby and Henrico Morris.The men who escaped Her Majesty’s Prison in Grand Turk are both convicted and remanded inmates.Stavon Harris (white shirt) was convicted for causing a major fire in Five Cays in January where around two dozen homes were gobbled up in the blaze.Harris was charged with setting fire to his brother’s place and it spread to other residences.Randal Rigby is pictured bareback and on remand.Henrico Morris, with the ‘afro’ is held for burglary.Call Police to report any sight of these men.
Employees sit on the helpdesk reception of the Fortis Memorial Hospital at Gurgaon on the outskirts of New Delhi, India, May 20, 2015.Reuters fileShares of Fortis Healthcare, the super-speciality hospitals’ chain, have dropped 12.9 percent to close at Rs 172.30 on Friday after Malaysia’s Integrated Healthcare Holdings (IHH) reportedly pulled out of talks to acquire a stake in the company, controlled by Malvinder and Shivinder Singh.Promoters, including Malvinder and Shivinder, own 52.30 percent stake in Fortis Healthcare; foreign portfolio investors including Nomura, Standard Chartered, Morgan Stanley, East Bridge Capital Master and International Finance Corporation hold 34.5 percent stake. Retail investors hold close to 7.8 percent, according to shareholding pattern details as of March 31, 2017.A clarification by the company at around 1 pm on the matter could not stem the fall in the share price of Fortis Healthcare that operates in Dubai, Mauritius and Sri Lanka, apart from India.The Fortis board’s decision to approve option for raising funds up to Rs 5,000 crore had fuelled speculations of a stake sale, though the company kept its options open. “Please note that the company is still evaluating the best-possible way to raise the fund and no firm decision in this regard has been approved by the board till date. We will keep the stock exchanges updated/informed…,” the company said in a regulatory filing to the BSE.The statement implied that the company did not rule out stake sale as one of the options to raise funds to drive growth.For the year ended March 31, 2017, Fortis Healthcare reported consolidated revenues of Rs 4,573 crore and net profit of Rs 479 crore.
Share Being deported to an El Salvador he hadn’t seen in more than three decades was a trauma Hugo Castro recalls clearly.The 51-year-old said Monday that his country must begin preparing now to receive the nearly 200,000 Salvadorans who may have to return following the Trump administration’s decision to lift their temporary protected status next year.“The main problem for deportees is that they’re made invisible. They’re rejected, there’s no work. They don’t help us,” said Castro, who was deported from the U.S. in 2015.The U.S. announcement brought fears that a major source of income for this poor Central American nation will be cut off and that families could be separated. But there was also a hint of optimism that Salvadorans with many years of experience in the U.S. could bring expertise and investment to spur the economy.Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen said Salvadorans who have stayed in the U.S. with temporary protected status — only a fraction of the estimated 2 million Salvadorans living there — would have to leave by Sept. 9, 2019, unless Congress came up with a solution allowing them to stay.Twitter via @MaryknollFrsBrsThe temporary protected status program has been offered to citizens from a number of countries fleeing natural disasters or other instability. The affected Salvadorans received the status after earthquakes in 2001 killed more than 1,000 people. Thousands more who arrived in the United States in recent years fleeing gang violence were not eligible.Castro went to the United States as a teenager to study at a college in Atlanta. During his junior year his family back home lost nearly everything when the bank seized their coffee operation. Dropping out, he worked at a country club and a book store and became manager of a Mexican restaurant. Then a run-in with police led to more than two years in immigration detention as he unsuccessfully fought deportation after living in the U.S. for three decades.His first three months back in El Salvador were the worst, he said. He suffered from depression and didn’t want to leave his mother’s home. People told him a 49-year-old man should not depend on his mother to support him, so he started looking for work.“I went everywhere, to restaurants. I told them I had a lot of experience and that I spoke English, but they rejected me,” he said.Eight months after arriving, Castro finally found work at the Salvadoran Immigrant Institute. The non-profit group recognized the value of Castro’s bilingualism and the experience he had gained through the deportation process and it put him to work helping other deportees reintegrate into society.Castro said programs like his are very limited and more needs to be done for returnees.“The government has to get ready, partner with businesses, with all of society, the nonprofits and create assistance programs,” he said.As an example, he noted that in 2016, the country received 52,000 deportees from the United States and Mexico. Meanwhile, a government program to give small cash grants to allow deportees to open their own businesses has only graduated 140 people, he said.The biggest worry among many Salvadorans is that their nation of 6.2 million people will see a big drop in the amount of cash sent home by countrymen working in the United States. Salvadorans transferred more than $4.5 billion from the U.S. in 2016, accounting for 17 percent of El Salvador’s economy, according to government figures.Luis Membreno, an economic analyst in El Salvador, said that fear may be overblown. He said Salvadorans who have protected status in the U.S. tend to be more long-standing migrants who have their families there and send less money home. Many more Salvadorans are not in the program, with growing numbers entering the U.S. illegally over the past decade fleeing violence and poverty.“I don’t think that family remittances are going to fall in the short term,” Membreno said.He also thinks some Salvadoran families in the U.S. could start sending more money back — something that started when Donald Trump was elected president — so remittance figures could rise.In addition, he said, many of those eventually returning could be skilled and have money to invest. “All of this could generate a certain dynamism in the economy,” he said.Cesar Rios, director of the nonprofit group where Castro works, is less optimistic. “Our country is not prepared to receive thousands of Salvadorans,” he said.Deportees are often targeted by gangs, because they believe they have money. Police also target them, because of the stigma that they are criminals.“There’s no work,” Rios said. “Between 200 and 300 Salvadorans continue leaving every day for the United States.”Ernesto Godoy, standing outside a Western Union money transfer office in San Salvador, said he receives money from relatives with protected status in the United States. He worried the decision could lead to bigger problems in El Salvador.“It’s going to affect us, not only me, but on a national level, because here in El Salvador we make ends meet with remittances from the United States,” Godoy said.
Share Yasin Akgul/AFP/Getty Images/Via NPRA new report finds that 2017 was one of the hottest years ever recorded. Here, a man dives into the sea in Istanbul in July 2017 during a heat wave that caused record temperatures in much of Turkey.NOAA has released the latest State of the Climate report, its annual checkup on our planet.So, how did Earth fare in 2017?Greenhouse gases in the atmosphere: record highs. Global surface temperature: near-record high. Sea surface temperature: near-record high. Global sea level: highest on record.Warm global temperatures have been a strong trend in recent years: the four warmest years on record all occurred since 2014, and last year was among them. In fact, 2017 was the warmest non-El Niño year ever recorded.The past three years were “substantially warmer than the previous — kind of establishing a new neighborhood in terms of global temperature,” said Deke Arndt, a climatologist at NOAA and the lead editor of the report. “And 2017 reinforced that.”Several countries reported record high annual temperatures: Argentina, Uruguay, Spain and Bulgaria. And Mexico had record high annual temperatures for the fourth year in a row.NOAA’s report, based on contributions from 500 scientists in 60 countries, was released today on the website of the American Meteorological Society.The findings show the extent to which humans have already changed key aspects of our climate as we’ve increased concentrations of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere.The Arctic continued to warm, and preliminary data show that the world’s glaciers have continued to diminish, with the average glacier losing 72 feet off its top since 1980.A coral bleaching event from 2014 to 2017 was “the longest, most widespread, and almost certainly most destructive on record,” the report notes. Mass coral bleaching used to occur at a rate of once every 25–30 years in the 1980s. But now it happens about every six years, and it’s expected to accelerate as the oceans keep warming. Severe bleaching is now occurring faster than reefs can recover.The report shows a number of small shifts in our climate metrics – shifts that can drive extreme events like the heat waves, downpours and wildfires we’ve seen in recent weeks.“We’ve had something on the order of one degree [Celsius] or so of global warming,” says Radley Horton, a climate scientist at Columbia University’s Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory, who wasn’t involved in the new report. “It doesn’t sound like much, but already it’s producing more frequent heat waves. We’ve had globally less than a foot of sea level rise in the last century. Again it doesn’t sound like much, but for certain regions it’s already causing a fourfold increase in the frequency of coastal flooding.”What’s most surprising in the report, he says, are the hints that we may be reaching tipping points where change accelerates or becomes irreversible.“The further we push the climate system by increasing greenhouse gas concentrations, the greater the potential that we get a sudden surprise — something that climate models and their predictions aren’t able to prepare us for,” Horton says.Last year saw a new record low in the extent of Arctic sea ice in the winter. As sea ice melts, there is less of its white surface reflecting the sun’s rays, and more dark blue ocean absorbing the sunlight. That can create a positive feedback loop in which warmer oceans drive a faster decline of Arctic sea ice than climate models had predicted.Just a decade ago, Horton says, the models predicted that the Arctic could be ice-free in the summer by 2100, while more recent models suggested that could happen by 2050. “Scientists are now concerned it could happen in the next couple decades,” he says.However, not every aspect of climate was record-breaking last year. Tropical cyclones were only slightly above average. Only the North Atlantic basin had an above-normal season, with hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria all causing huge destruction, in the basin’s seventh most active season in 164 years.And fire activity was at its lowest globally since at least 2003 – but the U.S. had by far its most expensive fire season ever, with more than $18 billion in damages.The report “highlights the urgency for us as a society to reduce greenhouse gas emissions,” says Horton, “and prepare our most vulnerable communities for some of these climate changes that we’re locked into.”Copyright 2018 NPR. To see more, visit http://www.npr.org/.
At least 29 people, including six policemen, were injured when group linked to the dreaded Islamic State
Advertisement Kilimall, Uganda’s fastest growing online shopping mall and Huawei are bringing the biggest smartphone variety discount sales in the Huawei Mobile Road Show this Friday 21st – Saturday 22nd October at Game Stores – Lugogo.The Huawei Mobile Road Show will offer the widest variety of Huawei Phones at the best discounts on the market ever. The flagship Huawei P8 smartphone got discounted down to UGX 1,200,000 only from UGX 1,590,000 whereas the brilliant phablet in the Huawei Mate 7 is selling at a stunning UGX 1,360,000 up from UGX 1,720,000.Kilimall Uganda Managing Director, Wang Chengyang says, “In order to thank the clients at Uganda market, especially the clients who like online shopping, the discount season will be started from now to the end of Road Show, the clients can visit the special page for this event to buy those Huawei phones http://www.kilimall.co.ug/index.php?act=cms&id=12.” – Advertisement – Other Huawei smartphones with huge discount include the Huawei Y3C, the Huawei, Huawei Y5C, and the Huawei P7.[related-posts]Kilimall was founded in Kenya in June 2014 and launched in Uganda at the end of May 2016, after several months of operation. The number of orders Kilimall Uganda gets every day is leading in all e-commerce companies in Uganda.