WADA issues list of disqualified personnel

first_imgMONTREAL (AP):The World Anti-Doping Agency has published a list of 114 support staff with “disqualifying status”, giving athletes advance notice of some people to avoid when they’re considering coaches, trainers or medical consultants.Under the new Prohibited Association rule, athletes subject to the WADA code are not allowed to work with support personnel who are currently sanctioned, or have been sanctioned within the previous six years, for an anti-doping rule violation.It leaves athletes open to sanctions for knowingly working with support personnel who have been banned.WADA president Craig Reedie said Monday that anti-doping authorities are “increasingly of the belief that athletes do not dope alone, and that often there is a member of their entourage encouraging them to cheat”.He said the new rules sent a message to athletes: “Do not associate with individuals that have breached anti-doping rules as they could encourage you to cheat the system and to rob your fellow athletes of their right to clean sport.”By publishing this list, WADA is helping athletes know which individuals to evade if they are to avoid violating the rules themselves,” he said.The list, which is expected to be updated on WADA’s website every three months, does not include cases that are currently under appeal.Anti-doping agencies in some countries previously made a list of banned coaches and trainers available in certain cases and have gone after support personal before. The US Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) gave a lifetime ban to Trevor Graham, who worked with Marion Jones, Tim Montgomery and others involved in doping scandals.Graham and Jon Drummond, who was banned last December for eight years by USADA for his role in sprinter Tyson Gay’s doping case, were included on WADA’s list of 114.More than half of the staff on the list are Italians, something that Italian Olympic Committee president Giovanni Malago said was a sign of a robust anti-doping program.”The fact that there are 61 Italians on this list is a matter of pride for us,” Malago said. “It means we’re doing our job seriously.”The list, which covers sports as diverse as weightlifting and basketball, includes some staff who had never previously been declared to be serving bans. They include Pavel Korolyov, a coach for Russian cyclists, and Evgeny Evsukov, the coach for a Russian race walker who withdrew from the world championships last month amid doping allegations.last_img read more

Donegal dumper Jim Ferry is jailed

first_imgDonegal waste collector Jim Ferry has been jailed for contempt of court.The businessman was sentenced to nine weeks’ imprisonment following an appearance in the High Court on Wednesday. The Irish Times reports that Mr Ferry was jailed for failing to comply with court orders granted to Donegal County Council in their case against him over illegal dumping.Mr Ferry, of Ferry’s Refuse Collection Limited and Ferry’s Refuse Recycling, has admitted to dumping tens of thousands of tons of waste at Rossbracken outside Letterkenny.  Donegal County Council is seeking to recover a multi-million euro figure from Mr Ferry to clear up the illegal waste from the site. Mr Ferry has previously told the High Court he is broke and unemployed.Donegal County Council has employed a forensic accountant to analyse where the money from Mr Ferry’s businesses has gone, but he has failed to comply with the investigation.Read more at: https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court/businessman-jailed-for-nine-weeks-for-illegal-dumping-in-donegal-1.3938502Donegal dumper Jim Ferry is jailed was last modified: June 28th, 2019 by Staff WriterShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:jim ferrylast_img read more

Wednesday’s round-up: Sessegnon commits to Fulham

first_imgRyan Sessegnon has committed his future to Fulham by signing a three-year contract.The Roehampton-born 17-year-old’s new deal – his first professional contract – comes after months of speculation that he could leave Craven Cottage this summer.He was linked with several Premier League clubs, including Chelsea, but opted to stay with the Whites.“I’m excited to see what’s in front of me at this club. Hopefully we can all push on now,” he told Fulham’s website.Sessegnon, who can play at left-back or further forward, has been at Fulham since 2008, as has his twin brother Steven.He made his senior debut in August last year and has made a total of 30 first-team appearances, scoring seven goals.Fulham’s vice-chairman and director of football operations Tony Khan said: “Ryan’s debut season with the first team was spectacular and we are so proud of this very special young man.” Parker announces retirementScott Parker has decided to end his playing career.The 36-year-old, whose Fulham contract expires at the end of this week, announced his retirement on Wednesday afternoon.Parker, who spent four years at Craven Cottage, captained England during a 19-year career that included an 18-month spell at Chelsea.He also played for Tottenham, Newcastle, West Ham and Charlton.A statement issued by Parker explained: “The decision to retire has not been an easy one for me but having thought long and hard over it, and having discussed it with those closest to me, I believe that now is the right time to move on to the next chapter in my life and career.” Gladwin leaves QPRBen Gladwin has completed his move from QPR to Blackburn for an undisclosed fee.West London Sport recently revealed that Blackburn wanted to sign the midfielder and subsequently also revealed that the move was set to go through.Gladwin, 25, has signed a two-year contract at Ewood Park. Doughty likely to go as wellEmbed from Getty ImagesQPR are ready to let Michael Doughty leave for Peterborough.West London Sport revealed in May that Posh are hoping to sign the midfielder, who has a year remaining on his contract at Loftus Road.Following talks between the two clubs, Rangers have told the League One outfit they can sign Doughty if they are able to agree personal terms with him.Rangers boss Ian Holloway recalled Doughty from a season-long loan at Swindon Town in January, insisting he rated the 24-year-old highly and wanted to give him a chance in the first team.However, Doughty started just two matches under Holloway – and has made just 12 first-team appearances for Rangers in total, nine of them as a substitute. No enquiries about SmithiesQPR have so far received no enquiries about Alex Smithies despite speculation over the goalkeeper’s future.Smithies, who signed a new contract in February, was outstanding for the R’s last season.His former club Huddersfield’s recent promotion to the Premier League prompted reports that he could rejoin them this summer.He was previously linked with a number of other clubs, but there has so far been no sign of any interest in the 27-year-old. Mackrell to face Hillsborough chargeEmbed from Getty ImagesA former QPR employee is among six people who will be prosecuted over the Hillsborough disaster.Graham Mackrell will be accused of breaching Health and Safety and Safety at Sports Ground legislation in relation to the tragedy at Sheffield Wednesday’s ground in May 1989.Mackrell was Wednesday’s club secretary and safety officer at the time.He was given the role of chief operating officer at QPR by the then club chairman Gianni Paladini in August 2006, but left just three months later.Last year, new inquests into the disaster at the Liverpool v Nottingham Forest FA Cup semi-final concluded the 96 fans who died had been unlawfully killed. Kerschbaumer loan moveEmbed from Getty ImagesBrentford midfielder Konstantin Kerschbaumer has joined German second-tier side DSC Arminia Bielefelda on a season-long loan.Kerschbaumer, who turns 25 this week, moved to Griffin Park from FC Admira Wacker Mödling for an undisclosed fee two years ago.The Bees have inserted a clause in his contract, which expires in 2019, giving the club the option of extending it to 2020.A similar deal led to Brentford recently extending Jota’s contract by a year. Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebooklast_img read more

Ohioans leading soybean industry at the national level

first_imgShare Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest Farmer leaders of the Ohio Soybean Council (OSC) and Ohio Soybean Association (OSA) are leading the way for all U.S. soybean farmers as they take on executive committee positions with the American Soybean Association, National Biodiesel Board, Soy Aquaculture Alliance and United Soybean Board.Bill Bayliss, OSC board member from Logan County, was recently elected chairman of the Soy Aquaculture Alliance (SAA). SAA works to promote research and marketing efforts that will help grow the aquaculture industry in the U.S. Bill previously served as vice chairman of SAA.Amy Sigg Davis, OSC and OSA board member from Warren County, was elected to her first term on the National Biodiesel Board’s (NBB) governing board. She will serve with seven other board members to help lead NBB’s efforts to grow the biodiesel industry through education, communication and policy efforts.

Bret Davis, OSC and OSA board member from Delaware County, was elected to his second term on the American’s Soybean Association’s (ASA) at-large governing board. ASA represents all U.S. soybean farmers on policy and regulatory issues thanks to support from farmer members.John Motter, OSC board member from Hancock County, was recently elected as Vice Chair of the United Soybean Board (USB), which manages national soybean checkoff dollars. USB will soon implement a new long-range strategic plan that will emphasize soybean innovation among other priorities.last_img read more

Back’s fine as Federer serves up warning to rivals

first_img2 ‘newbie’ drug pushers fall in Lucena sting Federer was struck down with back trouble last year when he lost to Alexander Zverev in the final of the Montreal Masters and subsequently withdrew from the Cincinnati Masters. But on the evidence of his form in the year’s opening Grand Slam in Melbourne, he looks back to his serving bestFEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSLillard, Anthony lead Blazers over ThunderSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutThe 36-year-old said the renewed freedom in his back was contributing to the improvement in his serving.“Just the back being fine again,” Federer said after beating Gasquet. Read Next Heat erase 5-point deficit in 34 seconds, stun Hornets FILE – Switzerland’s Roger Federer waves to the crowd as he leaves the court after losing to Belgium’s David Goffin during their men’s singles semi-final match on day seven of the ATP World Tour Finals tennis tournament at the O2 Arena in London on November 18, 2017.David Goffin won 2-6, 6-3, 6-4. / AFP PHOTO / Glyn KIRKRoger Federer says he is regaining the rhythm and consistency of his silky serve following his recovery from a back injury as he steps up the defense of his Australian Open title.The Swiss maestro moved into the last 16 with a commanding straight sets win over Frenchman Richard Gasquet on Saturday with his serving game a feature.ADVERTISEMENT Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC Globe Business launches leading cloud-enabled and hardware-agnostic conferencing platform in PH View comments Typhoon Kammuri accelerates, gains strength en route to PH “The problem is, when you have back issues, when you’re scared or you don’t have the confidence in your body.“It robs you by of say 20 or 30 percent of your capabilities maybe on that particular shot only, but it’s enough to make you almost half the player that you normally are.“Sometimes it takes time. When it hurts, it hurts. It’s just not point-for-point mentality because it’s difficult. Finally when you’re free again, you find better zones, more consistency.”Federer said serving consistency was a big thing in top-level tennis of fine margins between players.“Can you serve like this for five hours? That’s the goal. When you’re carrying an injury, clearly it’s tougher,” he said.ADVERTISEMENT Slow and steady hope for near-extinct Bangladesh tortoises John Lloyd Cruz a dashing guest at Vhong Navarro’s wedding MOST READ “I think right now I’m fine again. Look, bad backs always come and go I think for all of us players.“You just have to deal with it as good as possible. You hope they don’t hit you at the wrong times, and that when it does hit you, you get over it very quickly.”Federer enters the second week of the Australian Open with a round of 16 encounter against erstwhile training partner, Hungary’s Marton Fucsovics. Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. NEXT BLOCK ASIA 2.0 introduces GURUS AWARDS to recognize and reward industry influencers Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles03:07PH billiards team upbeat about gold medal chances in SEA Games00:50Trending Articles01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City LATEST STORIES Kammuri turning to super typhoon less likely but possible — Pagasalast_img read more